What can I say…I love Christmas! The cold nights, the log fire, Christmas carols, mince pies, mulled wine, walks in the frosty weather, wrapping presents. Seriously, and much to the husband’s disdain, I can’t get enough of it.
My dad has been making his Christmas wreath for years and it is now a bit of a Christmas tradition in the Jackson household! Secretly wishing Christmas was already here, I decided to start preparations and make my own Christmas wreath for our door.
I didn’t want to spend a lot of money though and keeping in mind the ‘re-use’ mantra, I dug into my accumulating craft pile. After a quick look on Pinterest and Google, I went out into the garden to see what I could drum up.
So here it is:
- an old garlic plait once the bulbs have all been used,
- some wire left over from when my Dad made a Christmas wreath here about four years ago
- some greenery from the garden
- pine cones collected on a mountain picnic out with the boys in June
- chillies from my chilli plant that have recently matured (just for a splash of colour!)
- ribbon recycled from a gift given to us a couple of years ago